Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Where in the world is Martinsville Indiana

If you would have asked me 10 years ago where I thought I would be at 30, I guarantee I wouldn't have said "living in the country outside of Martinsville." I have gone through many ups and downs coming to terms with "where" I am now. Sometimes I have found myself thinking "what the hell am I doing living here?" but those thoughts seem to be fading away with the years and now I usually find myself being thankful to live on this beautiful land. I have come to accept that the city you write down with your mailing address certainly doesn't define who you are and is less important than the bigger picture. The bigger picture is that I am with my wonderful husband and our healthy, precious son and we live on hundreds of acres of beautiful land. Land that my son will be able to run around on until his little heart is content. He has woods that he can play in, pastures that he can run through, endless trees that he can climb and farm land where he will be able to see crops grow each year. There are many wonderful things about living here and one of them is the unique and exciting opportunities that my son will have.


The Cragen Family farms part of the land here on the Payton property. Last weekend Luke offered to help them get some of the fields ready for planting this spring. Therefore, Luke spent the day in a tractor and guess who wanted to help. Will absolutely loved riding in the tractor with Luke. He ended up falling asleep after about an hour and a half, so I went to pick him up. Once we got home all he said was "dada tractor" over and over. Finally I asked him if he wanted to go back and ride with Daddy again and of course the answer was yes. He ended up spending about 3 hours in the tractor with Luke. He likes talking about the "tractor bump bump". Apparently it's a bumpy ride. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment