Wednesday, May 6, 2009

April Showers Bring May Flowers

Will absolutely loves it when I say this little rhyme and when I finish it's always the same: a big smile and "mooore?"

Spring is in full swing and we have had a lot going on. Some of the recent highlights...

  • Baby birds! Will has loved watching the baby birds that hatched on our front (side) porch. They would stick their little heads straight up in the air with their beaks wide open waiting for some food from Mama Bird. One evening they looked especially fiesty - all three of them were piled on top of each other in their (growing smaller by the day) nest. I opened the blinds that are right next to their nest so Will and I could watch them for a while. As soon as I did they all three jerked their heads in our direction with a newfound alertness. I knew their departure would be soon. Sure enough the next morning they were nowhere to be seen. Hopefully they are all thriving in the abundance of worms that are out and about thanks to all the recent rain.
  • Zoo! We are the new proud owners of a zoo membership. Thanks to Nana and BG & GG in honor of Will's upcoming 2nd birthday. Luke, Will and I took our first trip a couple of Fridays ago and had a great time. (aside from a sunblock in the eyes incident) Will loved seeing all the animals, the dolphin show, the polar bear up super close. His favorite was feeding the 2 giraffes - which he is still talking about.



  • We have had numerous fun outdoor adventures already this spring. We rode the 4-wheeler down to the river. Will had a great time exploring the huge sandbar and throwing rocks into the river. We also found our perfect camping spot for this summer. It's beautiful and totally secluded, right next to the river.

  • Will's new favorite summer activity is blowing bubbles. This past weekend he was at Nana's. When I arived to pick him up I noticed he had a bubble mustache (see below) and he actually blew a bubble out of his mouth as he said "mama." Clearly we're going to have to work on the art of blowing bubbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment