Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Will is 2 years and 2 months old. At his 2 year Wellness checkup his pediatrician said that potty training is probably not too far down the road. He has had a potty chair for probably 6 months now, and has yet to sit on it without a diaper. We've been talking about all the people who go on the potty and Will seems interested. But whenever we ask him if he wants to sit on it he says "NO!" and usually runs away. I figured I would give him a little incentive, so last weekend I bought him some M&M's and displayed them in a clear container in the bathroom. (yes, I support bribery with food in this case) I also got him some big boy underwear. I thought that maybe if he put them on and could see how good they feel compared to a big ol diaper, he might want to get the ball rolling. So after his bath on Sunday night I put his big boy underwear on him and he immediately started racing around the house. "Going well!" I thought. This was the best picture I could even get of him because he wouldn't stop running. Shortly after I snapped this picture (note: only about 1-2 minutes after I put them on him) he ran over to the refrigerator and came to a standstill. Then... he looked down and peed. True to his personality, I guess this potty training business will happen in his own time, with or without my bribery tactics.

No comments:

Post a Comment