Monday, February 15, 2010
A few nights ago Will decided it was time he started getting out of bed by himself. For 2 1/2+ years he has woken up and called for me to come and get him - so sweet! Well a few mornings ago I hear a clomp clomp clomp (not sure why little kids always run everywhere in the morning, but they do) and then a screech. This is the sound his door makes when it's pushed open from the inside. Yes, we barricade him in each night - it's true, but it's really not as horrible as it sounds. We live in an old farmhouse and when Luke remodeled it just before we met, he kept certain components of the house old, and certain parts brand new (lucky for me - all appliances and fixtures). Some of the older things he kept were inside doors, thick trim, transoms with the old rippled glass, etc. Well, since we have the old doors with the old doorknobs, some of them don't work exactly like they should. In the summer, Will's door closes just fine, but in the winter it doesn't and it opens on it's own. Therefore, we put a little bench in front of his door to keep it closed. So anyway, the last few mornings around 7 - 7:30 I have heard a clomp clomp clomp, screeeeech (sound of the wooden bench being pushed on our hardwoods), and then he runs in our room. This morning at 2:15 AM, I hear the clomp clomp clomp, screeeech and then he flings open our door (Luke left for work yesterday) and a "Helloooooooo Momma!!" with his blanket and pillow in hand. I asked what he was doing and as he flung back the sheets on Luke's side of the bed he informed me "I'm sleepin' in your bed Momma" and he promptly put down his pillow, covered himself up with his blanket and rolled away from me to go back to sleep. I started to mutter something like "ok, but only for tonight" or some other threat to make it clear he wasn't going to start this little routine but he was so matter of fact and simple about it (and maybe already back asleep) that I just trailed off, smiled and went back to sleep myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment