Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Mental Health Day!

That's right! I'm taking a mental health day! Spa? Nap? Reading my book? Pedicure you might ask? Nope! I'm cleaning my house! I'm talking de-cluttering, cleaning, tidying, organizing. I couldn't be happier! The boys' babysitter picked up an extra day and I jumped at the opportunity to have this day to get our house in order. Life has been extra crazy (waaay too crazy for my liking) ever since we started remodeling the house, combined with a baby and a 3-year-old, housekeeping has slipped on my list of priorities. It's been a very long time since I've done a thorough cleaning, and usually things get done only when I actually see the dirt on the floor, or am sickened by the buildup of dust. So today I'm doing all of the normal cleaning and also removing and sorting through the ridiculous piles, doing laundry, getting the boys fall clothes washed and put in their closet. It's wonderful! I'm a happier Momma and wife when I have things in order. When the house is in constant disarray it makes my mental state feel messy and cluttered as well.

I knew it was definitely time for a day like this last night. I was standing in the kitchen talking on the phone when I noticed what Will was doing. He was crouched down on his hands and knees on the kitchen floor with his chest practically on the floor, actually blowing a dust bunny from one side of the room to the other. Like it was a new game.

No comments:

Post a Comment