Thursday, June 6, 2013

Indians

A couple of weeks ago I went to our Farmer's Market specifically to get grass fed pork sausage.  (random, I know)  Anyway, I found the correct booth, bought the sausage and looked down to see a photo album.  I looked at the picture of the goats and asked the guy working there if they had goats too.  He said yes, and we started talking about all the animals they have on their farm as I was flipping through the photo album.  After about 10 pages I flipped a page and there were 4 Indianapolis Indians tickets lying there.  He said "Well since you just flipped that page you just won 4 Indians tickets!"  How fun!!!
 
So tonight was the night of the game.  Unfortunately Luke couldn't get home in time to go so I took the boys myself.  The seats were great!  About 10 rows up just behind the net and home plate.  It was so much fun! 
 
The conversations leading up to the arrival and the trip up were the best.  They had a little bit of a hard time understanding exactly where we were going.  They've been to their 10 year old cousin Landon's baseball game before, and both boys said in the days leading up to today that they didn't want to go to the Indians game if Landon wasn't playing. 
 
Will on the drive there: "Are we going to Lucas Oil?"  Chanting: "Go IU! Go IU!"  "I just saw the Pacers!"  At the game: "How many points do we have?  Who are we again?"  
Dane as we are walking up to the gate:  "We're going to see a movie!  A movie Will!"
 
 


 
Despite our fantastic seats, of course their favorite part was heading out to the outfield grassy area to run around. 

I knew Victory Field was an impressive ballpark, but we will definitely be going again.  It was so nice, not overcrowded and clean.  Looking forward to going back!

No comments:

Post a Comment