Monday, August 12, 2013

My baby boy - Kindergarten!

Will is off to kindergarten in the morning.  I can hardly believe it!  I know that he is ready.  So ready.  With a June birthday, we held him back so he would be older versus younger.  I know it was the right decision, but he is so ready for all day every day school.  I can tell he is bored at home.  I'm really excited for him.

Having said that, this Momma's first day jitters are in full swing.  I started getting panicky yesterday thinking about all the things that he would need to do by himself.  Pick out the correct bus, wipe his mouth after lunch (sometimes he gets peanut butter all over!) sometimes his yogurt tubes are really difficult to open.  Bus behavior.  (No seat belts! - but stay seated and no rough housing) Ugh...all this is giving me hives.  I feel like I'm releasing him into the wild. I know he will be fine.  And if he has peanut butter on his face, he'll survive.  And if he can't get his yogurt open, he just might not eat it that day.  All these things are small, but I guess that big part is that I don't want him to feel like he's alone or doesn't have his mom there to help him.  But I guess he doesn't.  And I guess that's just part of growing up.  I just feel like my heart is out on the chopping block.  My baby!!  He's not stressed at all!  :)  Which makes me very happy. 

We had his Open House tonight.  Here is his classroom.  Mrs. Brown is his teacher. 





His school really reminds me of my elementary school.  It's a smaller rural school.  Playgrounds with big fields in the background.  I think it's going to be a great school for him. 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment