Last night we ate our chocolate ice cream on the way home in the car. They were both dirty chocolate-y messes when we got home. They walked in the door and went straight down to the bath. I went and changed my clothes and washed my face while they played for a few minutes in the bath. I heard someone crying. I figured it was over a toy or one of them splashed the other or said I'm not your friend. I went downstairs to investigate and found my youngest sitting on the floor sobbing a defeated sob and trying to separate his hands, only to have them connected by a ton of strings of gum. I don't know how the child managed it, but apparently he had gotten a piece of gum when we were getting out of the car and who knows how, but when he tried to throw it away I can only imagine it got stuck on a finger, he tried to unstick it with another finger which got stuck, and so on and so forth. I couldn't help but laugh at poor little Dane while I said don't move and went to get my phone. Maybe I should have felt bad that I made him sit there a little longer, crying, while I captured the moment, but I didn't. I took full advantage of being able to hit home my point of why we keep gum our mouths. :)
Friday, October 11, 2013
Making Taffey
Thursday nights are football practice for Will. Practice is at 6:30 so by the time we get home it's often close to 8...too late to start dinner in my opinion. So often times we will eat early but then by the time we get home they're hungry again. So we've gotten in the habit of eating an early dinner and then going to get ice cream or a frosty after. I The boys love it.
Last night we ate our chocolate ice cream on the way home in the car. They were both dirty chocolate-y messes when we got home. They walked in the door and went straight down to the bath. I went and changed my clothes and washed my face while they played for a few minutes in the bath. I heard someone crying. I figured it was over a toy or one of them splashed the other or said I'm not your friend. I went downstairs to investigate and found my youngest sitting on the floor sobbing a defeated sob and trying to separate his hands, only to have them connected by a ton of strings of gum. I don't know how the child managed it, but apparently he had gotten a piece of gum when we were getting out of the car and who knows how, but when he tried to throw it away I can only imagine it got stuck on a finger, he tried to unstick it with another finger which got stuck, and so on and so forth. I couldn't help but laugh at poor little Dane while I said don't move and went to get my phone. Maybe I should have felt bad that I made him sit there a little longer, crying, while I captured the moment, but I didn't. I took full advantage of being able to hit home my point of why we keep gum our mouths. :)
Last night we ate our chocolate ice cream on the way home in the car. They were both dirty chocolate-y messes when we got home. They walked in the door and went straight down to the bath. I went and changed my clothes and washed my face while they played for a few minutes in the bath. I heard someone crying. I figured it was over a toy or one of them splashed the other or said I'm not your friend. I went downstairs to investigate and found my youngest sitting on the floor sobbing a defeated sob and trying to separate his hands, only to have them connected by a ton of strings of gum. I don't know how the child managed it, but apparently he had gotten a piece of gum when we were getting out of the car and who knows how, but when he tried to throw it away I can only imagine it got stuck on a finger, he tried to unstick it with another finger which got stuck, and so on and so forth. I couldn't help but laugh at poor little Dane while I said don't move and went to get my phone. Maybe I should have felt bad that I made him sit there a little longer, crying, while I captured the moment, but I didn't. I took full advantage of being able to hit home my point of why we keep gum our mouths. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment