Thursday, March 19, 2015

Daneism

Dane still says the cutest things!  I will be sad when he says everything correctly.  Instead of saying sew he will say yarn. For example: "Nana is going to yarn my duck".  He also still calls our alarm system the alometer.  "Is the alometer on?"

His way of speaking is different, he chooses different ways to say things all the time and I absolutely love it.

Last night Will had his first soccer practice.  While we were waiting, Dane was playing on the playground nearby.  There was another little girl there and they played together.  I could hear them talking and I heard him ask her "How many are you?"  She said "How OLD am I?"  He knows that's how you typically ask someone how old they are; he's asked that question all the time, he just chooses to ask it by saying How many are you?   Later while they were trying to figure out what to play she asked him if he wanted to play gymnastics.  He replied: "I don't know jernastics"

Today he was sitting on the couch with Reesy and they were playing tug with a bone.  She was growling at him (playfully, but I still don't like it) so I gave him a warning to take it easy.  He said "We're just playing tuggle."

We were giving his friend from school a ride the other day and they were talking about how old they both are and when their birthdays are.  Dane asked him "what's yours called?"  Meaning the actual date.

Instead of asking for the pieces of smaller pickles that were in the jar he asked for the "chopped pickles."

Dane: "Will you take my temperature?"
Me: "Sure"
Dane: (as I'm getting the thermometer)  "If it's not a temperature, it's a sore leg."

He continues to say things like: "My eyeballs aren't tired"  "My tummy said it doesn't want that" "My teeth don't want to chew right now"

These are just a few that I can think of off the top of my head in the past few days.  Love these little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment