Sunday, October 9, 2016

Big Dog

I've taken these pictures of Rosco in the last 6 months or so.  He's getting older (12 in February) and it breaks my heart.  He's getting more fatty deposits all over his body (the bumps - that don't bother him and we can't do much about).  He's slower to get up.  He has to be given glucosamine every day or I can tell it makes his joints sore.  He has a harder time jumping on our bed (so he can lay on my legs and hog my covers and eventually scoot me over to the edge).  He's still an asshole (truth) but we love him so much and I absolutely hate seeing him get older and it makes me get teary just even thinking about it.  

Happy Dog out in the pasture.  He doesn't do so much running around anymore when we go out to the square (the patch of land the Will mows regularly and we take the dogs to run) but he loves going, and he still loves his walks.  (Can't even say the word walk - we call it "the W word" or he gets too wild.)

I had to take him to the vet recently - we don't take him anywhere very often because he's a nervous car rider - but I put down the seat and he could pace in the back and then up to the window and he did really well.  :). What a good boy.  Love him so much.  

No comments:

Post a Comment