I am amazed every day at Will's speech. It is incredible how fast he has picked up language. In about 6 months he went from not saying more than 20-30 words to saying EVERYTHING, in complete sentences. It's especially cute when he mixes up words - like calling a belt his "seat belt" and when he listens to my ipod (don't ask) he calls the ear buds earrings ("my earring fell out Momma") He was examining my hand the other day and grabbed my pinky finger and said "this one's not tall enough" He also listens to absolutely everything that Luke and I say. Last night I got a laundry basket full of clothes out of the dryer and took them into his room to put away. He came in and said "You need help honey?" Obviously picked that one up from Luke. When I'm telling him to do something and he isn't quite ready his favorite thing to say is "I'm almost on my way!" At bedtime when he's trying to stall me from leaving it's "Momma!! I wanna tell you somepin" over and over.
It's rare that I don't understand something he says these days. But the other day he was trying to tell me something and for the life of me I couldn't understand what it was. After a few guesses, and 'no!'s' from him I told him that I was sorry but I just couldn't understand what he was saying. He thought for a few seconds, and leaned in and with a very serious face said "You want me to tell Daddy?"
He has also really begun to use his imagination when he plays. The other night I was fixing dinner and he brought in some tractors to play with on the kitchen rug. It's striped and each stripe was someone's house. So a tractor or car would "park" on a stripe. As I listened to him he was saying things like "this is Jill's house" and one of the cars would say to the other "you wanna come see him?" and really letting the tractors take on identities. It's just incredible.
No comments:
Post a Comment