Sunday, January 17, 2010

When I was little I loved loved loved playing with cars and had the best car track ever - it was definitely a keeper. I've kept that track and my matchbox cars all these years (aka: my mom kept them for about 15 and then me for the last 5 :) I ran across that track and got it out for Will to play with the other day and to my absolute delight, he loves it! It's been the first toy out most days and memories of playing with that track (most always with Allison) come flooding back. I have been on the lookout for a track like that to buy for Will - the years of play took their toll and it has to be propped up with books now because one of the legs is missing. But they just don't make toys like they used to!! (Yes, I am officially an 'old person' now) This track folds in 1/2 and stores away so nicely. They don't make anything like that these days. Anything you buy today comes in 15-15,000 pieces and therefore any parent who wishes to keep a mildly tidy house along their sanity avoids the setting up/taking down process as much as possible. Anyway, it's a great old toy and I'm ecstatic that Will loves it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment