Sunday, July 11, 2010

Ahhhhh!!

I am so excited and happy to finally be back up in Michigan! I haven't been up here since last Thanksgiving - a record I believe. A record that I'm not looking to beat again any time soon. The boys were so good on the trip up. Will did great with the potty training and told us when he needed to go and we would pull over. I am so proud of him. We got up here yesterday around 1:30 and only made 9 stops in 7 hours... I'm not kidding. And really not that bad for a trip that takes two adults with normal bladders 6 hours. Once we finally arrived my mom and I were in all our glory as we puttered around getting unpacked, opening up the cottage and getting everything settled. We were all tired last night and anxious to get some sleep. Everyone did well - Dane didn't like his bed so he ended up sleeping with me from about 2 on. I think he misses his memory foam bed at home (I know, I know) so I will make his bed a little bit softer today in hopes that he'll do better tonight. (why people think a baby is going to enjoy sleeping on a hard surface is still beyond me) Yesterday the water was so warm - in fact the neighbor Kris said that in her 20 years of coming up here she has never felt it as warm as it was yesterday. It was so warm you could walk in without even adjusting. Dane even got in! I sat with him in the surf and we enjoyed the water and waves. He loved it! Will of course loved it too and was swimming around like a little fish.
The wind blowing through the trees up here is one of my all time favorite sounds and last night did not disappoint. My heart is so happy up here. I only wish it wasn't so far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment