Our friends had a birthday party for their kids this weekend. It was super hot (95ish with the good ol midwest humidity) but lots of fun to visit with them and some other friends. They had pools and a slip n slide for the kids so they had an absolute blast. At one point Will asked me to push him on the swing set. So we walked over to the swing and as I was putting Will on it I noticed that the little boy who was swinging on the next swing was in the middle of getting in trouble from his Mom. ...so here we were intruding on the situation. Awkward! I tried to ignore what was going on and pretend we weren't hearing any of it as I pushed Will on the swing. I'm not sure what the little boy was doing but his Mom was saying "That is NOT a nice way to behave! You do NOT act that way!" He was clearly not feeling any guilt and his Mom was growing more frustrated by the second. After a few more corrective comments she said "Do you understand me?" No response. "DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?" All of a sudden Will happily chimes in "I understand you!" Silence. Will says louder "I understand you!!!!"
Thank goodness she had a sense of humor about it and looked over and said she was glad Will understood her.
No comments:
Post a Comment