Tuesday, May 24, 2011

While Luke and I were on vacation, so were Will and Dane! They stayed with Nana and Chut - and had a grand ol time. They went to the zoo on Friday with Nana and Aunt Sandy (Dane's first trip!). Dane took his first steps while he was at Nana and Chut's - which he has yet to take any for me!!!! ...but that's fine. Really, I'm fine about it. mmm hmm. Will went fishing with Chut. He was also able to create a whole construction site on the back porch complete with sawdust and an army of tractors. We were gone for 4 days. When we got back I ran downstairs to get them, barely able to contain my excitement. Will yelled "MOMMA!" when he saw me and, much to my delight, ran to me and jumped in my arms. Ahhhhh! After a nice squeeze, I put him down and set my sights on my baby. My little angel, Dane. My little momma's boy. My sweet baby. On the drive home I had visions of him seeing me for the first time, and maybe taking a few steps in my direction with his arms outstretched. Maybe he would mutter "Mama!" while toddling over to me. Maybe he wouldn't be able to walk as fast as he would like, just having started walking and all, so he may drop to his knees so he can crawl to me even faster. So I turn to him and say "Hi Baby!" Unfortunately, he was staring at me like he had no idea who in the world I was. "Dane, it's Momma!!!" I said and reached my arms out to him. Staring... blank expression. I scoop him up and hug him. Finally he laughs and snuggles up. I seriously think he wasn't sure at first who I was! Which completely baffles me since Luke leaves every single week for 4 days and he has no problem remembering him. But he has problems remembering Me??? The one who comes running in the middle of the night whenever he makes a peep? The one who nursed him non-stop for months on end? The one who is with him almost every single hour of every single day?? Prepares every single meal for him? Who tends to his every last need? Hmmm, I guess I learned my lesson. No more leaving him.

No comments:

Post a Comment