Thursday, October 13, 2011

Couple of updates.

Dane is doing really great without his beloved paci! The first couple of days had some rough patches, but that's all they were - patches. At night he gets a little bit fussy, but overall you can hardly tell he is missing it. I'm so proud of my little guy!!!

Cleanse... I made it 3 days. Far cry from my initial goal of 5. But I really stuck to it for 3. It was hard; much harder than I thought it would be. I lost about 3 lbs when I didn't even intend to. I ate more food than was suggested, but I stuck to the correct meals and foods. For example, between meals I would have a snack of an approved hard boiled egg (or 2) so I didn't go into a shaking rage because I was so hungry. I did learn a few lessons from this experience:
I don't miss cheese on my salads.
I actually like a salad with all spinach (no reg. lettuce needed)
I like balsamic vinaigrette
I don't need much salt
I really like almond butter!
I need to use a lot more cinnamon - fantastic spice and powerful antioxidant
I still don't care for raspberries
The biggest lesson that I learned is to listen to my body. My body didn't like this cleanse, and it didn't like it from day 1. The whole 3 days I was nauseous, had very low energy and overall I didn't feel good. I do however feel very motivated to continue making the effort to switch to an organic and natural diet. So motivated, in fact, that I spent $137 at Kroger today stocking up...
Overall: Mission Accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment