Monday, October 24, 2011

Word

Will has been asking me in the mornings: "Where will I be going today?" and often in the evenings: "What will I be having for dinner?" I think it's so funny to hear that kind of language come out of my 4 year old's mouth. And because sometimes improper grammar sounds a little like nails on a chalkboard to me, this sounds like music to my ears. We've long joked that Will's accent can vary from the deep south, to Chicago to New York, depending on the day - and now he's adding this.

And speaking of grammar, Dane's vocabulary is literally exploding. It seems like everything I say, he repeats part of it. I won't even list things he's saying because it's so much I wouldn't even know where to start. It is so cute. And the best part about it is that he's beginning to be able to communicate with me. He's known "blanket" and "paci" for a while now, so those two are easy. And a few times when he's been fussy he's brought my drink to me, which gets the point across. But he is beginning to say "milk" (which he doesn't even particularly like) or "juice" when he's thirsty. That's a huge milestone, when he can actually let me know what he wants rather than him cry and me guess. And guess. And guess. One that pushes him further away from being my baby and closer to being a little person. So it's very exciting for Daddy - who very much prefers the little people who can communicate to the babies who make him panic when they cry. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment