I am having the hardest time writing this post! I've started it a few times and then gotten distracted. I think I've figured out why I can't just do it - I'm afraid it's not going to do my little angel justice. How can I sum up his sweetness, how much I love him, how precious he is, how cute all the things he does are, in one blog post? I can't, is the answer.
The obvious place to start is his cuteness. He is so so SO precious!!! Impossible to put into words. The things he says, well, I just want to squeeze him. He is speaking so well. Communicates so well. He speaks full sentences and says just about everything it seems like. And he loves to repeat things - especially things his brother says. Sometimes it's so comical. The other day we got home and they were both standing in front of me. I asked Will what they had done that day at their babysitter's. Will said "We....ummmm....." Then Dane said "We....ummmmm......" It's so funny, and so cute. He says "bless you" if you sneeze, says I'm sorry and excuse me appropriately. He can count to 10, and can get a few on his way to 20. I hear a LOT of "I do it." He's quite independent. A couple of times I've been fussing at Will. I've said "that was so rude!" Dane, standing beside me, will shout "RUDE!" at Will. It's so hard not to laugh. The boys get along pretty well. Maybe I'm just saying that because they did tonight. They can be so sweet and they can also annoy the daylights out of each other (and me!) and fight like cats and dogs. For the most part I think they like each other and I do have high hopes that they'll have lots of fun playing together down the road. I think my favorite thing about their interaction is how Dane calls Will "bro-er" So tonight I was getting ready to put Dane to bed and he ran over to Will, said "night night bro-er" and tackled him with a big hug. Absolutely makes my heart melt.
Dane is an awesome sleeper, still. He naps well, about 2 hrs every afternoon and goes to bed at 9. Never, ever, ever, ever puts up a fight. We just do our routine, brush teeth, read book, then I lay him down in his crib and cover him up and he's good to go. He sleeps until 7:30-8. He has a clear favorite book "Go, Dog, Go." I've probably read it 75 times. Whew. Looking forward to the next favorite. :) He still loves his blankie. I've had to sew the tag back on, miraculously, only one time. He loves to rub the tag on his nose. And when I put him to bed and I'm savoring those few minutes when he'll snuggle up with me he holds it up to my nose to "let" me. :) High privilege, for sure.
Food: He's an ok eater. He does best when he takes a first go around with it. Then he prefers to move over to daddy's lap and eat off is plate for a while. So cute. His favorites are all the normal kid favorites, but he LOVES bacon - will eat 5 pieces easy any time I offer it. He also is a pretty good meat eater - will eat pork chops, steak, taco meat, chicken of course, and that's really nice. I do, though, hear a lot of "I don't yike it" while shaking his head and pushing it away.
He was going pee on the potty, but that's kind of tapered off. We haven't really been focusing on it very much. Maybe this summer.
He's started whistling at people to get their attention, like his brother does of course. He is also running at full speed. And it's the absolute definition of "toddler" he toddles along, running as fast at his little legs can carry him all while looking like he could bite the dust at any moment. It's so precious. He's kind of a daddy's boy, which is hard for me to admit. But he does love his daddy and loves to be with him. He continues to love to take rides on the Ranger, and loves all boy things - trucks, cars, playing in the dirt. All boy, for sure.
I remember with Will that I kept thinking that every stage of their growth was better than the last. But I'm pretty sure this might be my absolute favorite. He's so stinking precious, so cute. I love hearing him talk and begin acting like a little person, while in this tiny little body. I would give anything to press pause on him right now. He's right in the middle of being my sweet, precious, adorable little baby and a little boy. And I'm loving and savoring every single moment I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment