It's so hard to believe Will is 5! Sometimes it seems like he was born yesterday and other times I feel like I've been a mom forever. My big boy. I'm so proud of him. He can be the sweetest most thoughtful little boy ever. He says the funniest things. He has such a strong personality - I feel that he is going to do something big with his life. Rather, whatever he chooses to do in life, he will do it big. He is so happy. In fact everyone comments on how happy he is - his teachers at school, other parents on his t-ball team. I can't tell you how many times I've heard "He always has that big smile on his face! I've never seen such a happy kid!" I saw on Pinterest (of course) an idea to do each year on his birthday..so we are starting this year. I'm going to ask him the same questions each year and see how his answers change. (see below) Obviously the one on Pinterest was in an adorable scrapbook with all kinds of cute decos. I'll get there one day. Maybe. But the important part is the questions, and I'll definitely get that.
On his birthday I had to work :( but I think he had a great day. I made him cinnamon streusel muffins for breakfast, and let him open his present. We got him a LeapPad Explorer (which he now calls his "kindle"). After I got off work we went to my mom and Chucks and the Thompsons joined us for a party! There were lots of balloons, we played corn hole, ate pizza, opened presents, swam, had "cake balls" (cake-pops-mommy-failure-turned-cake-balls-in-muffin-cups). It was a great day. For a great boy.


No comments:
Post a Comment