Thursday, May 23, 2013

Chas!


Will has been going to Chas' house for 2 days a week since he was 10 months old!  Chas has been such a blessing to us.  I am very protective about who watches Will (the boys, now) and when he was 10 months old and I needed someone, I didn't know what to do.  The thought of sending him to a daycare gave me hives.  And then our path crossed with Chas'.  At the time I was working for ALS for about 15-20 hours per week.  She was babysitting 2 days a week - so it was perfect.  Chas and Craig Stidd have 3 kids: Caleb just graduated from high school, Christian is a freshman, and Kaitlyn is in 5th grade.  She only watches 1 other little girl - it was Will's good friend Avah, and is now her little sister Macey.  After I stopped working for ALS I transitioned right into my job with Luke's mom, so it was perfect.  The boys have become like part of their family and vice versa.  I can not express how grateful I am for her. I don't have a second thought about leaving the boys there, ever.  I know she takes such excellent care of them, loves them, and doesn't let them get by with one single thing.   I recently learned from one of her relatives that the family refers to her as "Sarge."   :)

She gets teary when she talks about "losing" Will in the fall when he goes to school.  I'm sure he will continue to go there in the summers and on breaks, but it's going to be a tough adjustment for us all.  She has become a good friend of mine as well.  Thank goodness Dane will still be going there!  

No comments:

Post a Comment