I can barely believe it's been SIX years since my baby boy was born. The day I became a mother. I just cannot believe it. I won't say it has been the easiest road. In fact, it's been the most difficult thing I've ever done. But by far...by a landslide, the most rewarding. I feel so fortunate to be a mother. To have two healthy children. Two relatively uncomplicated births. I'm just so grateful. My boys have made me a different person. All of them :)
I had a hard time adjusting to being a mother at the beginning. The insane sleep deprivation (and boy did Will do a number on me! Think: Zombie) and I guess I just had no clue what I was getting in to. I feel like with Will I was a blind person feeling my way around, fumbling through, doing the best a zombie could do. Then with Dane he just slid into our lives without missing a beat. But adjusting to everything at the beginning - it was tough. But we've made it through together. He is my first son. A bond that is unbreakable. I love him with my whole being. I am amazed by him all the time. His brain, I swear, moves faster than mine sometimes. I'm frequently nervous about what his is doing. Ha! He has kept me on my toes Since. Day. One. He is constantly questioning me, challengine me, walking that line to figure out just what he can do. How far he can go. While everyone else is exhausted, he's still at it. It makes my day to day parenting....exhausting!... but I also acknowledge that he is so smart- And I love that. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I can not wait to see what that child does with his life. Whatever he does, it's going to be big. And all I can do in the meantime is be the best parent I can be. Encourage his strengths and try to tether down his wild inhibitions. Teach him manners and how to respect other and be happy and true to himself.
He had an awesome birthday. His actualy birthday fell on a Thursday, so Daddy couldn't be home with him. :( But we had a good day.
Woke up and had some relaxation time: Hung out with Dane on the back porch for a bit.
Then we had lunch and played at Burkhart Creek Park with the Dunscombes. We splashed around in the creek and played. When we got back home they happened to be baling the hay in our back yard! What are the chances for a birthday boy! So of course Casey asked if Will wanted to ride in the tractor and help do the baling. Uh, yeah!
Then we went to Nana and Grandpas for dinner. Will got to go swimming and on a boat ride. We had pizza for dinner complete with cupcakes!
His party was on Saturday. We rented out the public pool. That afternoon it stormed. And stormed. And stormed. Will was so upset. He said in the most pathetic way possible "Well, I guess I don't get to have my birthday party." Think Eyore. The pool even called me and asked if we were going to cancel. I said NO WAY. So we drove over to the pool - it was still raining. Set up, and it slowed down. Finally, it stopped raining. Everyone came and it was so great! I was ecstatic that he was able to have his party.
ps: I haven't posted this yet bc I'm waiting to pic out pics from his party. So I'll just post those later.



No comments:
Post a Comment