Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Pentwater - Part II

Our second part of the trip is a few days just the boys and me.   Luke had to go back to work - despite my trying to convince him this would be a great week to take vacation....he didn't fold. 

Yesterday rained all morning.  So the boys and I ran some errands in Pentwater, then went up to Ludington to run a few errands and we also saw Monsters University which was fun.

This morning we went over to the beach and it was such a still, calm morning on the water.  We got there about 11 and the beach was deserted.  It was a really cool morning to be there - the boys had a great time.  By the time we left a little after 1 it was wavy, sunny and much more busy.  It's always so cool to see how the lake can change, literally by the hour. 


We always love to feed and watch the deer - they come so close.  We had 2 baby deer sightings but hadn't again in the past few days.  Tonight the baby was back - and we snuck out to see it (they're much more skittish with babies, so they're more difficult to see) and quickly saw there were two!  Here are the two babies with the mama I'm guessing.  So cute!  
Well THEN they ran up onto the ridge, and we saw that there are actually THREE babies!!  I tried my hardest to get a good pic of all three together but the two stayed pretty close together (twins I'm guessing) and the other one was a bit off.  But I did get a pic of all 3.  The two are pretty obvious in this picture below and the 3rd one you can just see passing behind the 2nd tree from the left, the one farthest back. 

 
We took a hike with George and Cyndy and ended up on top of the 3rd hill of the Three Sisters!  Here is Will on the very top.
 
 
We went to the beach and Will and Dane wanted to use their goggles (while they were boogey boarding, of course) and Will would not let me adjust his.  I couldn't stop laughing!!

I promised the boys that one night I would let them have ice cream for dinner.  So tonight was the night!  I took them up to Ludington for the real deal, House of Flavors.  It was so yummy!  Then we went over to the park right there and the boys got to run off some of the mass sugar they had just consumed.   
 
 


 
.....On the way home we found this treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment