Thursday, May 8, 2014

I'm not feeling well today which means I'm working extra hard to keep up with my life today, and working tripple hard to muster up the patience I need.  Here is a typical conversation today.

While eating dinner, Dane picks up a piece of paper that he's drawn a picture on for our neighbor Vicky.

Me: Dane, put that paper down it will get dirty.
Dane: What?
Me: Put that paper down it's going to get dirty.
Dane: What is?
Me: The paper.
Dane:  The paper?
Me: Yes!  Put it down!
Dane: Why?
Me: Because it might get dirty! Put it down!
Dane: (while still holding the paper) How's it going to get dirty?
Me:  From your messy fingers! 
Dane: What?
Me: PUUT IT DOWWWWNNN!!!!

Cue the guilt, an apology, and an explanation as to why I'm frustrated. 
Deep breaths..

Dear Lord, please give me extra patience today.

No comments:

Post a Comment