Thursday, November 26, 2015

My Trailblazer

We got our Trailblazer when I was pregnant with Will. It has had its fair share of problems over the years, but overall I have loved that car. It has been the perfect car to tote around babies and toddlers. It was safe (911 would be called if airbags deployed), it had a DVD player (best invention known to man) and it was spacious and comfortable. Recently the check engine light came on and I had ignored it for a few weeks. Also, my brakes seemed like they were pulling (Luke said they looked ok, so we weren't sure what the problem was) and on top of that, I was noticing a strange smell. We took it into the dealer and the estimate to get it fixed was more than what Luke and I wanted to pay. So we took it to a mechanic and after he'd had it for a week he looked at at Luke and said "if it were mine I'd trade it in". Luke had been eyeing the Jeep Renegade.  Last Friday we went to look at it and immediately I knew it would be too small for our family of four that includes two rapidly growing boys. But we saw a Jeep Grand Cherokee that caught our eye. We test drove it but we weren't sure (Luke hadn't talked to the machanic at that point and I was still kind of hoping we could have our Trailblazer fixed). The next morning was when Luke talked with the mechanic and we found out the extent of the estimate and problems. Then it all seemed to fall into place, quickly.  We took my car home, cleaned it out, took it to the dealer and viola! (The day was a bit more complicated than that - Will developed a scary cough that morning, I took him to dr. Croup diagnosis. First snow of the season that day. Etc ,etc)  Our old Trailblazer served us well.  I loved it.  But we are pretty excited about this new addition!!

Old:

New!


No comments:

Post a Comment