Saturday, November 28, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015

We were excited to get up to Michigan again this year for Thanksgiving - especially as we weren't able to come last year.  It is also our first trip in the new car - and we were packed to the gills!  Good thing I have an expert packer as a husband :)  

Will decided to start out the trip doing a math workbook.  Cutie!   Dane still was battling a stomach bug that he had had for a few days at that point. (hence the towels under him and his sidekick bowl)

Dane and I decided to do a little decorating. 

This was my first attempt at making the whole Thanksgiving meal by myself.  Everything turned out well!  I brought backup instant gravy and pre-made rolls just in case, and I'm happy to report that I didn't need them.  The only problem was that Dane was still getting over this stomach bug, so he ate enough to feed a small bird. And an hour or so before the meal was ready Will said he just wanted to go to sleep. Hmm. When we woke him up to eat he kept saying he was just so tired.  He ate a roll.  One roll.  (and soon we realized he was coming down with the dreaded stomach bug:(   Luke doesn't really care for turkey so he only ate a little bit.  So literally we ate our meal and hardly put even a small dent in the food.  Luckily, my favorite meal ever is leftover turkey on the homemade rolls.  

The loves of my life.  My heart is full. 

Reesy even got her own Thanksgiving dinner.  :)  (of plate leftovers - of which we had plenty!)

We adopted MissyCat from a shelter near here.  I swear she LOVES Michigan.  Almost like she knows she's home.  She loves going out on the porch.  When it's just the 4 of us here (she gets shy when others are here) she is all over the place.  She even laid on my lap!  She never does that. Poor Reesy didn't know what to think. 

With Will being sick, he took up his post upstairs.  I decided it was time he was introduced to Gremlins.   We watched it together.  :)  I kept asking him if he thought it was scary.  A little, he said.  But he liked it. 

The beautiful lake on Friday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment