Monday, April 11, 2016

Vegas Trip- Leg 1

Vegas has been just as wonderful as I remembered. I love it and I'm grateful to be able to experience it this time with Luke.
We stayed for the first half of the week at Aria. I really wanted to stay there, it's a really nice hotel so Luke obliged. :). It was nice. It was reeeeally nice. It's beautiful and fancy and it smells amazing, like flowers. I'm not sure how they do it. Everything in the room is controlled by an iPad. We walked in and the lights came on, music started playing, and the curtains opened in front of the floor to ceiling windows. Everything, including the lights, thermostat, and tv is controlled by that iPad. It's very nice. 


I loved the shower, which is in a separate room with the bathtub. 


But I must say, it's disappointing how everything is nickel and dimed now. Had to go downstairs to get a $6 cup of coffee each morning. Late checkout? Sure...two hours for $20. Don't take anything out of the mini fridge for more than 60 seconds or you'll be charged for it, and if you store anything IN there, you'll be charged as well. The list goes on. And also, Las Vegas must be the last place in the country that allows smoking everywhere! Yuck!  

Aside from all that, Luke and I have had a great time. It's so nice to be on our own schedule, whatever WE want to do. We've done a lot of walking and a lot of eating and drinking. 

Looking up from our first night at dinner. 
Getting ready to head out for the day. 
Luke wanted to go to the original Pawn Stars pawnshop. It was fun. They don't let you take pics of the area which is where they actually buy things. Fun place to see. 


Last time I was in Vegas I came with friends for one of their weddings. We happened to walk by the chapel where they got married, a Little White Chapel. I'm pretty sure it's the same place Britney Spears got married. My goodness, that trip seems like a lifetime ago. 

Luke and I wonder if this is the future of gambling. This blackjack table had an electronic dealer. 

I was so happy to get some Aria pool time. 

The trash can nachos at Guy Feiri's restaurant in Rio. Yummy!!

That evening we went up to Freemont street. Lukes childhood friend Skip (Justin) and his wife Nicki were in town so we met them there for a while. It was a different experience up there. More "old Las Vegas". But it was fun.

Freemont Street is a few streets that are closed off to cars mostly and it's just pedestrian traffic. There's a lot to watch and see!  (Nuns with pasties). It still baffles me- as it has every time that I've been here- why in the world anyone would bring their children here. 

Freemont street lights and zip line. 
On the way home we took the bus and were entertained by a woman and two men from Britian. They were hilarious with their accent and she was playing different songs on her phone. We ended up suggesting songs and having fun laughing and singing w them. 

Next morning we walked over to a 511 tactical store that Luke wanted to explore. We then had lunch overlooking the strip before checking out of Aria and heading over to Desert Club for 2nd leg of our trip. 

Forest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment