Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A New Year

I'm sitting here watching Taylor Swift perform on the Primetime Rockin New Years show and listening to my husband snore on the couch next to me and wondering if I'm an old boring person now. We were going to go to a party to ring in the New Year but this afternoon decided we would stay in. I'm a little disappointed we didn't go because I know it would have been a lot of fun, but mostly I'm happy to be here with my wonderful husband, my precious little boy (who's sleeping) and our dog and cat. I look back on the past year and I can say that I've become much more confident in and truly embraced my role as a mother. I have learned to really cherish every moment of this time with our son because it's already going so fast. I also look at my husband and have a whole different kind of love for him. Not only do I love him and respect him as a person, but I appreciate him as my partner in this roller coaster of life. We are rounding out four years together now and we've been through so much in this short time. Topping this list is adjusting to our role as parents. It's not easy and we have come through the first part of this journey closer than ever, with more respect for each other, and a big sense of teamwork (not to sound too "business-schooly"). We have accomplished a lot this year and I only look forward to the upcoming year with excitement and curiosity as to what it may hold for us. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment