We had a rocky start to the trip. We set out on Friday afternoon conveniently just before nap time. I envisioned a quick trip over with a sleeping little boy. Didn't happen. He had a pretty bad cough at the time and just before we hit 465 he got a coughing fit so bad that he ended up vomiting all over himself and his carseat. hmmm. I pulled over and stripped him down and wiped out his carseat as best I could with wipes. On the road again. 30 minutes later we had just hopped on I-70 to head over and it happend AGAIN. So I pulled over and repeated the stripping of clothes and cleaning of carseat. I ended up having to pull off the highway two more times for various reasons. Finally we got to OH, located the laundry facilities and moved on.
Saturday we went shopping during the day (Hello Memorial Day Sales!) and that evening we went to visit with our Ohio Cousins: Stacy and Matt and their kids. Matt's parents and his sister and her two kids were there, and my uncle Fred (Stacy's Dad) and his wife were there with Will's other cousin Bradley. They all loved playing on Don's 6-wheeler and we even took a ride down to the river. Note: Jake is looking for the keys to take Abby and Will on a ride!

On Sunday we went to visit Luke at his current jobsite and Will loved getting to ride up on the lift:

That evening we went over to John and Jayne's house and cooked out with them and Jennifer. It was great to see them and visit!! (forgot to take any pics)
On Monday Luke finally had the day off and we took Will to the Columbus zoo. It's a really neat zoo with lots of paths through wooded areas. You never know what you will turn a corner and see.
Will and I up close with a Tiger:

Taking a carousel ride:
Watching the manatees:

The big aquarium where you can get up close - here a sting-ray swims right up to Will. Also note how he has crossed into the "do not enter" area:

That night the weather was ideal so we went and had a nice steak dinner and sat outside in the shade with a nice breeze.
It was busy but a great weekend. By the end we were all pooped. (especially Luke who had been working the long hours!)

No comments:
Post a Comment