Monday, March 29, 2010

2 yr 9 month Potty Training Update

Will is ready to go - literally! In the potty. Just one problem - he refuses to sit on the toilet. He has all kinds of options (mini potty, seat that fits on regular toilet, standing up, etc) but screams bloody murder if we even try to steer him towards the potty without his diaper on. He wants nothing to do with it. He is showing all the signs - holding it for long periods of time, he will go "on command" in the shower - even to the point of saying "I'm going to go pee pee in the shower" then taking off diaper, walking over and actually doing it. He also sometimes announces to me when he's going pee in his diaper. I am not opposed to bribery tactics either. Candy, toys, large sums of money, just about anything. It looks like this is just one more display of his hard-headedness, I mean independent personality, and him doing things only when he's good and ready - which is a trait I mostly love but occasionally makes me want to cry. I often ask him if he would like to try to go pee pee on the potty today. His typical response these days: "No, not today Momma. Probably tomorrow."

No comments:

Post a Comment