Monday, March 1, 2010

Every night when I put Will to bed I read him 2 books. The other night I had read one and were on our 2nd when he picked up a couple of trucks and started playing with them. (he often likes to sleep with some trucks/tractors) This particular book is one of his favorites. Each page has a picture of an animal you would find at the zoo. Then it has 3 sentences about that type of animal. We have read this book many times and he knows all of the animals. Therefore, I was a little annoyed when I asked him what kind of animal was on the page and he barely looked up from his tractors, then he replied "I don't know" each time. On about the 3rd page I thought to myself, well, if he isn't going to pay attention I'm not going to read everything. We were on the lions. After he replied "I don't know" to my question of "What animal is this?" I read the first sentence (Lions live together in groups called prides) and then moved on to the next page. He looked over at me, pointed back to the lion page and said "they have cubs." Sure enough the 2nd sentence is "Their babies are called cubs." Then he said "They sleep a lot." Wouldn't you know it, the 3rd sentence is "Lions sleep a lot, especially when it is hot." He is so funny. And smart! I'm pretty sure he's near genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment