Thursday, April 8, 2010

Largemouth Bass

Today I got a pregnancy update and was told our baby is now the size of a largemouth bass, which I think is hilarious. I was also told he is also "fully cooked" and if he was born now would be just fine. I will be induced 2 weeks from this Saturday the 24th if I haven't gone into labor before then. I have a Dr. appointment tomorrow and I'm anxious to see if things are progressing. As of last Friday I was 1 cm dilated and 80% effaced. My blood pressure has been consistently great hovering around 105/65 so I'm very grateful for that. I've been having contractions, and last night had a few that were slightly painful but after lying down they went away. My weight gain is slightly more than my last pregnancy (6 lbs more at this point), which, considering my raging sweet tooth isn't too awful. Today was my "last chance workout" as I refer to it (for any biggest loser fans) because tomorrow is another "weigh in". On my last chance workout days I try to eat a little bit healthier (for example, today I have limited the number of brownies consumed. Don't be confused, there's no actual "workout" going on here) I'm sure it makes no difference, it just makes me feel better not to gorge myself. Today was gloomy and cooler so it was a perfect day for some serious nesting. I got lots of laundry done, floors cleaned, went around baseboards with Clorox wipes, swept the front porch and knocked off cobwebs under awnings, got some pictures uploaded and ordered, etc. etc.
Luke is working over the weekend in Ohio, which I think makes us both a little nervous. He left very early this past Monday and won't be home until next Friday, the 16th. Crumby timing, but better now than after the baby is born I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment