Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Happy Half Birthday Dane!

It's hard to believe it's been 6 months since Dane was born. It makes me sad how fast it's gone. He is just the happiest little guy in the world. He is such a good baby. He is always smiling and laughing. He is trying to sit up. He can sit unassisted for about 10-15 seconds if he's calm. If he's excited he falls right over. :) He's started stage 1 foods and likes all of them. He is still spitting up a lot. I am still breastfeeding (Yay for meeting my goal of 6 months!). Pumping is still going well and I have stockpiled a couple of months worth of milk in the freezer. Poor Sonny has been left with only 1 1/2 shelves in his freezer. I'm not ready to quit yet - I'm enjoying being able to provide this for Dane. He is teething and I'm looking for a tooth to pop through any day now. Sleeping is going ok. He takes his last feeding at 9 and then goes to bed. He wakes up usually around 1 or 2 and I give him his pacifier. Wakes anywhere between 3 and 5 to eat. Then wakes up around 6 and comes to bed with me. Then gets up around 7:30-8 for the day. Not too bad. He's still sleeping in the bassinet next to our bed. I know I need to, but I'm dreading moving him into his crib. I don't want him to get any bigger! He loves to watch his big brother and the dog and cat. He gets so excited and kicks his little arms and legs in and out. He makes me so happy. There are no words to describe how much I love him. I am so lucky to be his mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment