It's getting close! The hardwoods are done - I love them. They look really beautiful. The banister by the stairs is amazing. Dan made it out of the old barn wood and it's pretty spectacular. At first I wasn't sure about it; it's definitely a "statement." But it's grown on me and I think it's incredible. The tile is coming along - it's all finished except for the master shower and tub. Dan still thinks we're planning to move this coming weekend. I doubt it will be quite ready but I'm not telling him that. I'm guessing it will be next weekend. Plus there is a lot of cleaning to do.
Yesterday I was there cleaning (the boys stayed overnight with my mom and Chuck) and I got the fireplace cleaned. I also got all of the outlet covers on - one doesn't realize how many outlet covers there are in a house until you're putting them all on! Then last night my mom and Chuck brought the boys up and the Thompson's came over and they helped me put in our closet system (hanging bars and a few (temporary) shelving units). Luke had to leave for Ohio yesterday afternoon so he wasn't there. We also had our first meal in the house (Sonny joined us too). Pizzas warmed up in our new stove! I'm kicking myself that I didn't take a picture. :( :( :( :(
No comments:
Post a Comment