Sunday, February 27, 2011
A New Bed!
Growing up, my family had this kitchen table that we loved. It was teak with terra cotta tiles in the middle. When I graduated from IU and moved to San Francisco my mom gave me the table. It went with me out west, then back to Bloomington. Then up north for a few years, and then back to Bloomington. Then when Luke and I moved in together it was great in our kitchen. I just counted and I'm pretty sure I moved that table 8 times! (and it was HEAVY) When we recently moved in to our new house we got a different table. I wasn't sure what to do with my old table. It has so much sentimental value. I didn't want to throw it out. We were having Dan, the guy who built our house, build a bed for us. Luke came up with the fantastic idea for him to use the tiles from the table in our headboard and foot board. It turned out great - we absolutely love it. He gave us an unreal deal on it and did such a great job. We will have to put a finish on it, but all of the wood he used is from the table, wood that was salvaged from the old barn on the Payton property or our new house.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment