Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Slippery Steps!

We have hardwood stairs in our new house. Beautiful? Yes! Safe? Not so much. I've been so scared ever since we moved in that one of us was going to fall. I was worried about Will hurrying down them and falling. My biggest fear was me falling while I was carrying Dane. I went through it in my head a hundred times. Would I drop him? What if I fell forward and he hit his head on the hardwoods? What if I fell on top of him? I obviously would try to keep a hold of him but in a situation like that your instincts take over. What are my instincts? Would they be to hold him or break my own fall? Well...it happened, and I was carrying Dane. Saturday morning I was talking to Luke who was in the living room when BAM, down I go. Fortunately I didn't fall forward but I slipped down them. My left leg went to the side and behind me and I twisted my knee. THANK GOD I held on to Dane and didn't drop him. He was fine, but my knee is injured. I don't think it's anything serious, but 5 days later I'm still limping and taking the steps one at a time. I thought it was getting better but today it's actually feeling a little worse. We might end up needing to put some type of tread on them or something. Especially since Dane is just going to be learning to walk. I told Luke, Gone are the days when we can fall down the stairs, hop up, laugh about it and go on like nothing happened!

No comments:

Post a Comment