Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My Sweet Boy Turns 1!

Oh my goodness is he sweet!!! I always want to be holding him and kissing him and loving on him. I want to be with him all the time, I absolutely can not get enough of him! He is just the sweetest thing in the world! He is (and I'm sure I'm not biased) the best baby ever!! I guess he's not really a "baby" anymore. He seems to be teetering on the edge of turning into a toddler, and I'm not pushing him. I am going to miss my baby like you can't imagine. I wish I could press pause on his little life and keep him like this forever. I know I can't though, and I remember from Will that as they continue to grow it just gets better and better. It still makes me very sad.
Dane is a fantastic sleeper right now. He goes to bed at 9 and gets up around 7:30/8. He hardly ever wakes up in the night. In fact, I can't remember the last time he did. Occasionally he'll get up around 6 or so and I'll bring him to bed with me for a while. When I put him to bed he just lies still and I cover him up and give him his paci and that's that. He's content to just put himself to sleep. When he wakes up in the mornings he never cries. He just sits up in bed and plays with his stuffed animals until I come and get him. I'm telling you, ANGEL.
He does this ADORABLE little giggle. When he's excited he does it, it sounds like a little gremlin, like Gizmo. It's so cute. I got it on video I'm just trying to figure out how to post it. He says Mama. Of course - as if I wasn't crazy enough about him! He will repeat mama, dada, baba and Uh-Oh (his newest word!) which he uses correctly. He also makes a motor sound when he picks up a car. He will wave bye bye and he can clap. He is just the most mild mannered, sweet natured little guy. Ugh, just writing this makes me want to go down and get him out of bed and hold him!
He is a pretty good eater although he's beginning to get a little more picky. His latest dislike was eggs. I gave him some and he picked them up and inspected them for a minute, then dropped them on his tray and held his fingers all fanned out with this awful expression on his face like he couldn't believe he'd even touched them. Some of his favorites are cottage cheese, string cheese, waffles, and all kinds of fruit. He's still taking 4 bottles of breast milk a day and then a bottle of formula before bed. He's an incredible traveler, I can't remember the last time he fussed in the car. He either falls right to sleep or babbles. He is cruising all over the place. He's not walking yet, but the other day he was standing up in our bathroom by a drawer. The drawer shut and he was left standing there. He was shocked, and just stood there for a minute, then fell down. He will cruise around tables all day but if he wants to go from point A to B he just crawls there - and FAST.
I will add that he does like to be held quite a bit, although he's getting better. In all fairness I take full responsibility considering that for the first 6 months of his life I toted him around all the time while down at the house remodel. Not like I could exactly let him down to explore at the construction site. Also, he's definitely no shrinking violet. If his brother decides to take something from him or if he's not happy about something, he will definitely let us know. Which I think is hilarious, considering he's so laid back.
We are so blessed with these amazing little boys! (ps: pics of the birthday party to come)

No comments:

Post a Comment