Monday, June 27, 2011

Today

What a jam packed day and full of emotions.

- This morning we closed on our mortgage. We were still on our construction mortgage which was a 5 year flexible arm. With rates being so low right now we wanted to get locked in to a 30 year fixed. Since this is our "forever house" we are SO excited. Signing those papers knowing it was the last time we would have to do that feels verrrrry good.

- We did a bunch of yard work this weekend. The Thompsons came up yesterday and helped us start on our landscaping. It's a giant mess and was a blank palate with lots of issues. They really helped us get on track. They brought us a few different starts of some plants and we got the front looking 1/2 way decent! Then today Luke and I spread a layer of topsoil around the house and then on top of that a layer of mulch. It looks a hundred times better now. I had been feeling like it was such a huge project I didn't even know where to start, so I never started. Now I have hope. Unfortunately when I do yard work I usually end up getting poison ivy. Of course some is beginning to pop up on my arm today. Time will tell how bad it's going to be this time around. I had finally gotten rid of all of it at our old house. I wonder how many years it will take me to get rid of it here....

- My mom's cat, Kaibab, had to be put to sleep today very unexpectedly. She is really upset. He was a funny, huge, cat, with a strong personality that she and my step-dad adopted together. I'm very sad for her.

- I was going to also talk about how Will sucked out all my energy today with his testing of every. single. limit. ...but I don't feel like it. I think it's time to end this roller coaster day.

No comments:

Post a Comment