Sunday, August 14, 2011

I don't think I've ever been more excited for a trip to Michigan! (I'm sure I say that about once a year) It has just been really really crazy lately and a week up in Michigan sounded like pure bliss. The boys and I got up here tonight, visited with BG & GG, ate dinner, got settled and now the boys are playing. The trip up went really well, surprisingly, since it was me, Will, Dane, Kramer and our new bunny. I can't imagine why Luke couldn't come... just kidding - he has to work. All was going well until we had to take a detour. Just as I was starting to get nervous that we were heading in the wrong direction - and thinking maybe I should get out our gps and see if there was a better way, the cat started vomiting. Once I got that taken care of and we got back on our route - about an hour later - all went well from there on. We only really stopped once which is fantastic. (by "only really stopped" I mean that I did make one other quick pit stop to change a diaper but that was a 2 minute stop so it doesn't count.
This is our last summer hurrah because when we get back I'll be working on Mondays, Wednesdays and 1/2 day Fridays and Will is going to start pre-school on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I'm actually looking forward to our new schedule and somehow hoping things get less crazy. But for this week I'm going to relish the time with the boys, enjoy some beach time, maybe take some fun outings and definitely do a little relaxing.
Ahhhhhhhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment