Thursday, December 27, 2012

A couple of cute things that I wanted to post about.

Will - He is such a big boy and so smart.  One thing he's learning about right now is time frames.  Today he said he wasn't tired and didn't want to take a nap so he went to his room for quiet time.  When I went down to check on him he was fast asleep.  Tonight I asked him if he played for a while or just went straight to sleep.  He said "I just played for one mm...HOUR."  (beginning to say minute, changing his mind)  So funny.  He'll often say things like: "Dane! We haven't played with this toy for 3 YEARS!"  He uses all the time references: minutes, days, weeks, months, years - he's just rarely correct.  It's so cute, and makes things so entertaining.

Dane - He is loving his new hobby of chewing gum.  I remember going through this with Will.  Since they always wanted to try it, we would let every so often, reminding them constantly not to eat it, but to put it in the trash or give it to momma or daddy when they're done.  If they fail, then no gum for a few months.  Then try again.  Dane has passed the test and is now a regular gum chewer, and he's so funny.  He can chew a piece of gum for hours.  Tonight he had a piece.  I offered him a drink.  He was about to take out his gum to have a sip when he looked at me and then backed up and said no.  I said "It's ok, I'll hold your gum for you and then give it back to you after you take your drink." holding my hand out to take his gum from him.  He stepped toward me, slowly removing it from his mouth, never breaking eye contact with me.  He slooooowly began to hand it to me, eyeing me the whole time.  I smiled, assuring him it was ok.  Just as I reached for it and began to take it from him he decided against letting it go and kept a hold of it, so the gum stretched as I tried to take it from his iron grip.  I stopped, assured him again I would give it right back if he would like to have a drink.  Against his better judgment, he let go of it, took the cup and a quick sip all the while staring me down so I didn't try anything sneaky. 

I think we might need to work on some trust building exercises.

No comments:

Post a Comment