Well....karma we got. That evening the boys were wrestling and they both fell on Dane's arm. We could tell it was hurt, he was pretty upset about it. We called the Dr. and scheduled an appointment for the next morning to take him in. He calmed down that evening and we iced it and wrapped it (more for show). The next morning we got up and it wasn't swollen and he said it "just hurts a tiny bit." So I cancelled his appointment. He favored it a bit over the next few days but it wasn't anything he complained about or stopped him from doing anything. In fact, I only gave him a little bit of tylenol that night that it happened and that was all. We went about our lives. A week later (yes, a week) he complained about it again and asked me to wrap it again. I thought - I'm sure it's fine, but I think I'll go ahead and take him in. X-rays clearly showed it was broken. I Could. Not. Believe. It. I really was shocked. It was just a little tiny fracture, but he got a cast and all. He was such a trooper about it and of course I felt horrible for letting him walk around for a week. :(
Getting his cast.
All set! (literally)
This was the morning of his 5th birthday.
3 1/2 weeks later, the boys were pretending to meditate while we were waiting to see if the cast could come off.
And everything looked good! In fact, we had prepared him to have it cut off, but to our shock, Dr. Moore just pulled it and puuuulled it and it eased right off! He said it was something they didn't share with families bc sometimes they "accidentally" came off at home, and then back on. He said he knew Dane had left his on by the amount of dirt underneath. :) That's my boy!

No comments:
Post a Comment