Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Summer 2015

I'm so exited for this summer with the boys.  We are going to be very busy, but we have a lot of fun things going on.  This week, the first week of summer, Will started football camp.  It lasts one week and is in the morning - he's having a great time so far.  (Next year Dane can go if he wants.)  Next week Will starts golf camp.  My friend Jamie is the head pro at Foxcliff Golf Club and Will loves hitting the golf ball around in the yard so I figured I would send him to camp this year.  It's just an hour or so for 3 mornings but I hope he will get the basics of swinging the club down and he was excited about it. 

This morning I signed us all up for a reading program through the library.  The boys love checking out books (and Xbox games) and they're having a fun program going on this summer so I figured why not give them a little incentive and they're so excited about it that today we weren't even out of the parking lot and Will had a book opened up and read the whole way home.  Plus he struggled a little bit with reading this year and I really need to keep him on track this summer so this will be perfect.  Dane isn't reading yet, but every time Will or I read to him he gets to count that time toward his goals. 

We will be taking some trips this summer too.  This past weekend the boys and I went to visit my friend Heidi and her son Calvin in Madison, Wisconsin.  The weather was crumby but we had fun and went to an indoor water park on Saturday and the boys had a blast.  In a few weeks we're taking a family vacation for the first time (outside of trips to Michigan) since Will was 2!  So I'm really looking forward to that.  Then as usual we will head up to Michigan for the 4th of July for a week or so.  :)  Yay for summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment