Today Will and I went out to the Princess Garden to work on some much needed weed control. When we planted, Terri and I were very careful to identify everything we planted with markers. Now everything is in full bloom - and looking very robust and healthy I might add - but Master Gardener (Uncle George) and my father-in-law Sonny both informed me today that our "banana pepper" plants are indeed tomato plants! I cannot believe it. I feel like we have imposters. I guess I'm still in denial, since I'm thinking to myself "they'll see!" when the little peppers start sprouting. At the same time, I understand that they know better than me so in the meantime I'll prepare myself for an abundance of tomatoes... We may have a few more weeds than the average garden, but with me having a toddler and Terri being a pilot, it's hard to keep up! Weeds and all, the Princess Garden is beautiful and everything we planted is doing really well. Our lettuce is ready to eat and our (other 2) tomato plants are sprouting little tomatoes! (see picture below)

PS: Uncle George said I looked so disappointed when he informed me of the mistaken identity that he went out tonight and got two banana pepper starts and planted them in his garden so we can still enjoy them. Thank you Uncle George - that was so thoughtful!
On another note, last year Luke made some repairs to the old grape arbor behind our house. He replaced some of the boards that were rotting and it looks really nice now. We were then given two Concord grape vine starts as a gift.. and this year... we have grapes!! A fond memory from my childhood was picking grapes off of the vines along my Nana and Walter's driveway. I'm excited for Will to be able to pick grapes right off the vine and snack away as well! Here are the baby grapes.

I can't believe it. It said banana peppers at Rural King!! The garden looks GREAT!!! Everything has grown so much since I left.
ReplyDeleteI love all the other pics and posts. What a beautiful life!!
T