So last night I ran out to the garden to grab a banana pepper to put on my salad for dinner. When I came back inside, Will was excitedly jumping on the couch. The minute I got inside he bounced down into a sitting position and just smiled at me. Now, he knows better than to jump on the couch. So I told him "No, no. Will, you know we don't jump on the couch. If you jump on the couch again you are going to get a time out." I proceeded in to the kitchen to clean and cut the pepper. And I hear a bounce, bounce. I peek around the corner and yep, sure enough he's jumping on the couch. So I said "Ok, Will, I told you if you jumped on the couch again you're getting a time out, so come on, Time Out." Before I could even get those words out he said "OK," hopped off the couch and was headed into the kitchen. He said "Excuse Me!" as he raced around the dog, who was lying in his path, and then thanked me for pulling out the kitchen chair for him to sit on.
....I had to turn around because I couldn't help laughing. It was like he had fully embraced the "do the crime, do the time" concept and jumping on the couch was definitely worth the two minute time out.
No comments:
Post a Comment