Sunday, August 1, 2010

Back to Work and Madness

My extended maternity leave ends today. I head back to work tomorrow - going up to the office. I worked a few hours last week catching up on email and getting things sorted out in preparation for tomorrow. I'm keeping my old schedule, two days a week from home, and one day a month in the office. I am so fortunate to be able to work this schedule and still stay at home with the boys three days a week. For me, this situation is ideal. I'm happy to send Will back to Chas' (his baby sitter's) and I'm confident about sending Dane. When Will was 3 months old I could not imagine sending him to a sitter. We are so fortunate that we found someone who we trust completely, and so I feel good about sending Dane now too. Tomorrow the boys will go to my Dad and Sharon's. (as Will has, and now both boys will, on the first Monday of each month) It will be a challenge to get up, get myself ready, get both boys ready, Dane fed, pump, get milk and lunches packed, work things ready and out the door by 7:30.

Things continue to be crazy around here. Even weekends that we have nothing "scheduled" seem to fill up and consist of packing up and going somewhere, getting home and unpacked and then packing up again to go to the next place. The house remodel continues to be crazy with errands here, picking out this and buying that, but it's been fun.

This weekend we got home from some being down at the house and again, unpacked and got the boys settled back at home. I had taken a shower and we'd been home probably about 30 minutes. Dane was in the bathroom with me and Luke comes in. We're talking and all of a sudden he says "Where's Rosco?" I shrug my shoulders as we both look at each other, confused. Luke: "Is he still in the car!?!" Me: "No, surely not!" We both rush out to the garage. Sure enough, poor Rosco was just sitting in the back of the Trailblazer. Sorry Rosco!!!

Yes, it's been busy around here. At least it wasn't one of the boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment