Wednesday, March 23, 2011

(almost) 2 Weeks Post-Op

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks post surgery. I feel like every day I'm getting better. I'm completely off crutches but I'm using a cane some. It's pretty stiff and a little painful when I get up after having been sitting for a while, or in the mornings, and that helps a little bit. I'm able to manage my pain well with just Advil now. My biggest complaint right now is my muscle. My knee gives out some and it feels like my quad (really it's my IT band) is very unsteady. I don't trust my leg at all and when I walk, I do so with a locked knee or it will give out. I have more bruising now than in the picture below, but it's not too bad.

I had my follow up appointment today. It went well, Dr. Murphy said my incision is healing very well. He said my issues with unsteadiness are all normal and are from my muscle being split. He gave me some exercises to do to strengthen it and it should be just fine in a few weeks. He said in another month I should be pretty much back to normal. I saw the new X-ray of my hip bone minus the tumor, so it's gone for sure! And also definitely benign, by the way. :)

ps: the pen lines on my incision? (pic below) We figured out what those were all about... It's so they put my leg back together correctly, they make sure the pen marks are lined up and then stitch....... Glad they're all lined up! ...if they weren't, I wonder if they would have washed them off?

No comments:

Post a Comment