Thursday, July 14, 2011

Boys Update

Our boys are growing so fast.

Dane continues to be the sweetest little thing - cuddling and just an overall precious temperament. He has been a little bit fussy over the last few weeks which I continue to claim "he's teething!" but if that's the case these molars are a bear. And I refuse to believe what my mom jokingly suggested, that maybe he's just fussy. He talks so well - much better than I remember Will talking at this age. The biggest difference that I see is his attempt to repeat what I say. One night he even repeated "quesadilla"!! He is (of course) so smart! He understands much of what I say and will shake his head no if he doesn't agree. He also raises his hand way above his head and just holds it there with a big smile on his face when cars or people pass our house. It's so cute.

Will is in this interesting stage where it's almost like I see glimpses of my baby mixed in with glimpses of a big boy. He says the funniest things, yet he still doesn't say his "c" sound or "g" sounds well. So for example he said the other day "Taitlyn went bye bye with her tousins. She'll be back on Sunday." To me, this is filled with mixtures of baby and boy. Knowing that Kaitlyn went with her cousins and what day she would be back seems so old to me. Saying "bye bye" and replacing the "k" sound with "t" says baby. He continues to crack me up. The other day we had been playing downstairs. We went upstairs and I realized I had left my cell phone downstairs.
I said "Will can you please go downstairs and get my cell phone?"
Will: "What? A car?"
Me: No, my cell phone.
Will: A falcon?
As I was laughing I just went and got it myself.
He doesn't like to really sit around and color or draw he would much rather be running around and playing outside. But we have been working on the highlights books and on some preschool books and just recently he has begun drawing people. His first one was SO GOOD! He also signed his own "W" on his thank you cards from his birthday. We had dinner at Chili's last night and for the first time he also wrote the "ill" and I CAN'T BELIEVE I forgot to take the paper with me when we left. :(
These boys are just so amazing I can't imagine anything more wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment