Finally we have our computer back - after $249 and some lessons in how to care for your computer. I thought they were more durable that they are, apparently. The guy who fixed ours said that when they are on they are very fragile. Don't carry them around or bump them at all. I wasn't tossing ours around by any means, but Dane certainly slapped the keyboard a few times. Of course I told him NO but now I'm keeping it out of his reach completely.
ANYWAY, we have been busy. Had a great trip up to Michigan with the Dunscombe's over the 4th. July is a crazy month for us - I think we only had 1 or 2 weekend days with nothing on the calendar. Last Sunday was one of those days. I had "had it" with our toy situation here. Most of the toys were downstairs, but there were bins overflowing in the living room and bins in our room with odds and ends. If there was a toy with pieces, well, it was a toy with missing pieces - therefore useless. I decided it was time to do something. I took Every. Single. Toy. in this house and dumped them into a (LARGE) pile in our family room. (at that point Luke suddenly had something to do over in the shop. :) Either he thought I had lost it completely or wanted no part of this project. Or both.) I brought in some new shelves to Dane's room. I cleared everything out and put things back one by one. There were also three impressive piles for Goodwill and Trash and Baby (to box up). Now every toy has a home and its pieces and things look pretty good around here! It's amazing how when you organize everything, things seem to fit so much better.
Will has been...um...challenging...lately. Two nights ago I was pushed to the edge and sent him to his room for the evening (a first). He only came out to help me clean up toys and make a Chart for his behavior. Each week, 5 smiley faces = something fun of Will's choice. 5 X = no Ranger rides over the weekend and no mowing with Papaw. Gasp.
Preschool update: The boys go to their baby sitter's house on Mondays and Wednesdays while I work. I had enrolled Will in a preschool for this fall that I felt really good about on T/R mornings. Then I came across a new Montessori preschool that I could take both boys to on M/W and it was the same price as what I was currently paying plus Will would get preschool. And we could write it off on our taxes which we've never been able to do. Seemed like a win/win! So I enrolled him there (too). After some major red flags and some Momma's intuition I've decided to go back to plan 1. I can't take the boys out of a situation I feel so good about and put them into one that I have so many doubts about. So beginning this fall Will is going to start preschool at Prince of Peace Lutheran on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. I am so excited for him; I think he's really going to benefit from this and love it. Can't wait!
ANYWAY, we have been busy. Had a great trip up to Michigan with the Dunscombe's over the 4th. July is a crazy month for us - I think we only had 1 or 2 weekend days with nothing on the calendar. Last Sunday was one of those days. I had "had it" with our toy situation here. Most of the toys were downstairs, but there were bins overflowing in the living room and bins in our room with odds and ends. If there was a toy with pieces, well, it was a toy with missing pieces - therefore useless. I decided it was time to do something. I took Every. Single. Toy. in this house and dumped them into a (LARGE) pile in our family room. (at that point Luke suddenly had something to do over in the shop. :) Either he thought I had lost it completely or wanted no part of this project. Or both.) I brought in some new shelves to Dane's room. I cleared everything out and put things back one by one. There were also three impressive piles for Goodwill and Trash and Baby (to box up). Now every toy has a home and its pieces and things look pretty good around here! It's amazing how when you organize everything, things seem to fit so much better.
Will has been...um...challenging...lately. Two nights ago I was pushed to the edge and sent him to his room for the evening (a first). He only came out to help me clean up toys and make a Chart for his behavior. Each week, 5 smiley faces = something fun of Will's choice. 5 X = no Ranger rides over the weekend and no mowing with Papaw. Gasp.
Preschool update: The boys go to their baby sitter's house on Mondays and Wednesdays while I work. I had enrolled Will in a preschool for this fall that I felt really good about on T/R mornings. Then I came across a new Montessori preschool that I could take both boys to on M/W and it was the same price as what I was currently paying plus Will would get preschool. And we could write it off on our taxes which we've never been able to do. Seemed like a win/win! So I enrolled him there (too). After some major red flags and some Momma's intuition I've decided to go back to plan 1. I can't take the boys out of a situation I feel so good about and put them into one that I have so many doubts about. So beginning this fall Will is going to start preschool at Prince of Peace Lutheran on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. I am so excited for him; I think he's really going to benefit from this and love it. Can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment