Back to ALS ... temporarily.
After my step-dad battled ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease), a brutal and heart-wrenching disease, The ALS Association of Indiana landed a soft spot in my heart. ALSA provides patient services to families battling ALS throughout the state of IN and was certainly invaluable to ours. I started working for the Association in 2005 as the Program and Development Coordinator. I managed the 3 Walks to Defeat ALS throughout the state, any 3rd party events, our database, Loan Closet and provided support to our ED. After Will was born I decided that the hour+ drive to Castleton each day didn't quite fit my lifestyle anymore with a newborn at home and a husband who works in Ohio all week. So I started working for them part-time, from home. My responsibilities changed a bit and I became the Communications Specialist. I developed and maintained our annual communications plan, executed almost all communications to our supporters and managed our website and database. In November of 2010 ALSA made the decision to make the position full time and have someone work from the office.
ALSA recently contacted me to see if I would assist in the interim while they hire a new Director of Patient Services. I am excited to take on a bit more work and I'm happy to be involved with the organization again.
My hesitations are that the boys are both growing so fast and with Will going to school next year I don't want to miss any opportunities with them. But it's going to be short term (only until they hire and train a new Dir. of PS) and it's winter so come summertime I'll be back to my normal schedule (2 1/2 days) and ready for some fun with my boys!
No comments:
Post a Comment