Tuesday, January 29, 2013

My Sweet Sweet Precious Dane

Dane is doing a great job potty training!  We are having our fair share of accidents but he is doing amazing and I am better learning my role in this as well. 

Every morning he gets excited to pick out his underwear for the day.  Usually this entails getting down the Undies Bin and laying out all the pairs so he can decide which pair is the very best one.  Sometimes this includes many different choices, thinking one might be right but then deciding that in fact no, that one actually won't work.  Some days this process has included begging, pleading, yelling, tears (his) and switching many times.  On days when we are trying to get out of the house in a timely matter this can be especially fun.  I will say that in the past 4 or 5 days he has been doing better picking out the right pair more quickly.  I mean, this starts off the whole day, no?  So the right pair is essential.

You might notice that he is wearing a tie dye shirt.  Yes, our tie dye phase is still going strong.  He has not worn a non-tie dye shirt in probably 2 or 3 weeks now.  He even sleeps in them. (picking battles)  I think back to when I was in college.  I went on a Jelly Belly kick.  I ate so many jelly bellies that I probably started smelling like root beer or marshmallow.  But my reasoning was this: if I just ate as many as I wanted then surely the phase would pass more quickly than if I rationed it and babied it along.  I am using this method on Dane's tie dye obsession, and it's not working.  Last night was the first time I made him change into regular jammies since this started.  Ignoring his tears and freakishly strong thrashing I changed him into his dinosaur jammies.  He was not happy at all.  But when I was changing him I noticed a red mark on his belly.  (No, in spite of what you might be thinking, he was not turning tie dye) So I asked him what happened to his belly.  He looked at the red mark (just then I remembered his brother pulling him across the carpet and his shirt lifting up - so it was a little mark of rug burn.) but after he took a good look at the mark he remembered what happened.... "I bashed through a wall" he said. 

No comments:

Post a Comment