Saturday, August 9, 2014

Annie Mavis Payton


Just a few hours after I took these picture (a couple of weeks ago) our sweet Annie was hit by a car and died.  It was so devastating for us.  I couldn't believe it.  So many emotions: sadness, guilt for letting it happen, anger about why this happened, literally days after we had gotten a shock collar: which we decided would be the way we were going to train her not to chase cars.  I miss her, I feel terrible about letting this happen to that sweet dog.
If there is a silver lining to such a horrible accident, she couldn't have been loved any more.  She had a sweet little life, got to run and explore and do pretty much whatever she wanted.  I'm so sorry that this happened and I will probably always carry guilt over it.  I miss her  :(
 

No comments:

Post a Comment